Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Web Site Is Actually Online Now

Originally this post was called something like "So My Web Site Will Be Online Very Soon," but then I checked my email and my instructor had put it online already. So here it is:

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/homepages/s09/moreau%5Fl/

For best results, view in Firefox, it loses some of its luster when it goes to Internet Explorer. It's very basic, but I built it myself and it is mine. And it's not that bad.

I remember being terrified when I finally finished it then ran it through an XHTML validator, and got back like 25 errors per page. Fortunately, most of them were just that I forgot to close one tag and then it just caused errors to cascade. I had to make a total of like five fixes to solve 100+ errors.

And I think I'll get a decent grade on it, so I'm in a good mood. And Megacon is next weekend, so I'm in a better mood. And a friend of mine just got something she's wanted for a very long time, so I'm in a great mood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read it all, pretty funny.

-Steve

Anonymous said...

I like it. Simple, clean, easy to read. Maybe a little too much text with not enough whitespace, but that is reasonable.

Now that you are the Internet expert, could you take a look at our website and let me know how to fix it up to be more reasonable?

http://moreaufamily.us and all of the pointers.

-- Your somewhat-inexperienced-HTML-author Dad