Sunday, July 20, 2008

Today At Work

I regaled many with my story about how the movie theater caught fire. One of my coworkers who had seen the whole movie threatened to tell me the end about 500,000 times. He will burn. He will burn.

Kind of annoyed because another one of my coworkers got to basically stand outside all shift and do nothing but watch the Madden tournament we were hosting, and make sure nobody used illegal plays. While I busted my buns inside with a million billion customers. Jerk.

I'm sick of bandwagon haters. You wouldn't think that such a thing as an online webcomic would inspire both fanboys and haters, but there you are. The funny thing comes when one comic that everyone loves produces a comic that - if the exact same dialogue was transposed into another comic that everyone hates - people would say it sucked. That is to say, Comic 1 made a comic everyone likes, if Comic 2 made a comic with its own characters but the same dialogue, everyone would say that comic sucked. I hate mindless fanboys/haters.

With an inspiration I got tonight between games of this one "Race to the Galaxy" game my friend Nolan showed me, that brings my total number of story ideas floating around in my head to an even half-dozen, five of which are Protector of the Universe stories. It remains to be seen how many will eventually crystallize into actual stories. I suspect most. Two are already half-written.

It's my 20th birthday on Tuesday. Go me.

5 comments:

rekenner said...

Wait, you like Ctrl-Alt-Delete?
...
Maaaaaaaan... And to think, I respected you.
Ok, no, I didn't, but...

Michelle said...

that is soooooo hard to understand! kind of like folks that hate any artist who wins an award (eg: a Grammy), or love any artist who wins an award? Buncha weirdos. You best update day after tommorrow so I can say happy birthday online as well as in person little bro! Love ya forever.

your big crazy sister,
! sHeLLeY bOo !

Anonymous said...

fdzfgaefd?!...It hardly feels like a year ago that we last celebrated your birthday, but I guess I'll take your word for it. Michelle seems to believe you.

>>Wait, you like Ctrl-Alt-Delete?
B^U

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the Protector of the Universe stories. Keep them up.
love,
Mama
btw, I know about your birthday!

Anonymous said...

Have you considered changing your TF2 class of choice to the Pyro? :P

-Steve