Thursday, October 2, 2008

Amendment

People have made the point that I should attempt to talk things out before making unilateral decisions. And, well, they're right. It's just that I'm so, so, so disillusioned with sitting down and calmly discussing my problems. Why? Victoria. We have sat down, talked out all our problems, and agreed not to fight anymore...I don't know how many times now. And it never, ever works. But I was wrong not to talk to Mike about it.

So I did. It appears that the majority of the problem was my enthusiastic new approach towards life, and with it my rejection of my old lifestyle, was seen by him as an attack on his lifestyle - the very one I was rejecting. This is far from true, but it's easy to see how he could see this. So we talked it out, and agreed not to fight.

It remains to be seen how this will work. I could not say one way or the other, yet.

As for Victoria? We haven't spoken in days, and it's probably for the best. We simply do not like each other any more. And as I have noted, sitting down and talking things out will have as likely a success rate as would a similar talk between the Israelis and the Palestinians. All the good intentions in the world aren't gonna make it happen, so screw it. We're both better off without each other.

Oh, yeah, my sister finally gave birth a week ago. Jasmyne was the kid's name. Healthy as a horse. My sister put up a billion - or maybe nine - pictures of her, on her blog, here: http://michelleldub.blogspot.com/ So check it out. My new baby niece. I'm an uncle.

I feel like I should buy a sweater-vest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a reporter, or even just a student in a reporting class, you need to check your facts: your niece's name is Jasmyne...

I agree on the other stuff. To go along with your improved self-knowledge, you need to be more aware of how you are perceived by others. This thing with Mike is a good lesson.

FYI, I am writing this on my phone at a Panera Bread in Jacksonville while waiting for the Sales Rep to arrive so we can go make more sales for this quarter's quota.

-- Jasmyne's Grandpa and your tired Dad

Anonymous said...

Luke,
I'm glad you talked to Mike. As for Victoria, she's a wonderful person, imho. But she's not MY ex, either. Michelle and I were just wondering if it's possible to still love someone you no longer like...I think it is.
loveya and still like you,
Mama