Friday, December 7, 2007

Deep, Deep, Deep Sigh

My girlfriend Victoria and I broke up tonight. We had been going out just about three years. 1/22/05 - 12/7/07. And because I know people will ask these questions, here are the answers.

It was mutual, eventually. We plan to still be friends, but there'll have to be an adjustment period. Neither of us have any plans to start dating again. It happened because we realized I'm actually a lot more immature than I thought, and couldn't satisfy her needs in an emotional relationship - I continually placed my friends above her. There was other stuff, too, but that's personal.

On Saturday night or Sunday morning I'll describe the events of Game All-Nighter that took place last night and this morning, and Game All-Day that'll take place tomorrow.

I don't want to write any more.

7 comments:

rekenner said...

... Feck. This really sucks.
And I can't help but feel partially responsible, too, after what happened last night.
Bah.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Luke.
love you,
Mama

Michelle said...

Lordy. Maybe yous guys will work it out. Me and Micheal broke up like 100 times and we were together longer than the 2 of y'all. Don't despair... love ya little brother.

Anonymous said...

That sucks, but don't get too caught up in this, especially on finals week. It would be best for you to concentrate on your final exams right now. This should hopefully not prove to affect your collegial duties. I'm going to go study a little bit for my own exams now.

-Steve

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry as well. But I am glad that you both faced the situation (but the parts you shared and the parts you rightly called personal and didn't share) and made a mutual decision without a huge screaming fight. Even though you claim this is immaturity, I would tend to disagree: you are a lot more mature than many young men of your age (look around your campus for proof of this). That you were not able to give Vic what she needed is simply a sign that you weren't a match at this time.

But Steve has good advice. Whatever works out in the future, right here and now you need to focus on finals. Thank you, Steve.

-- Your sad Dad

Anonymous said...

"That sucks, but don't get too caught up in this, especially on finals week."
-Stephen

Oh my god, Luke, we have the worst luck ever. Those many months ago, Kelli broke up with me the exact day before an FCAT test. That was irritating.

On a lighter note, she admitted her interest in me right after I started using Tag body spray. I just thought that was a laugh and a half.

Cheer up, dude. At least you don't seem to be taking it too horribly bad, but maybe it's just me. Sorry about what happened. Girls are weird.

-Jake

Anonymous said...

The only thing I can say about you and Vic is that I'm sorry, as I really love Vic. And one never knows what will happen in the future. BTW, Stephen's comment about concentrating on your school work was sarcastic, right, Stephen? ha. But even in his mocking he's right.
love and see you FRIDAY, can't wait!
mama